integration, enhanced Virtual Screening Room and much more.
latest enhancements to its revolutionary, B2B, cloud-based media management
platform at IBC 2016, September 9-13, in Amsterdam. Improvements to the
platform include the integration of Aspera high-speed file transfer, a new
Uploader utility, additions to the platform’s Virtual Screening Room and a simplified
user experience for third-party and occasional users. WCPMedia will be present at IBC in
tandem with its technology partners Aspera, an IBM company, (7.G20) and Tiger
“WCPMedia is helping customers all over
the world gain control over their workflows,” says WCPMedia Services Vice President of
Operations Giovanni Contri. “And now, it’s better than ever. We are very excited
to announce our partnership with Aspera, a brand synonymous with high-speed
file delivery. We will also be demonstrating many other improvements that make
our platform more powerful and easier to use.”
feedback of real-world users around the world over the past two years,” Contri
adds. “Our platform is used by
professionals in every sector of the entertainment industry. It is employed in
production by post-production supervisors, DITs, asset managers, producers and
directors. Content owners, distributors and broadcasters use it for promotion
and distribution of finished products.”
managing and sharing media content. The platform allows users to manage content
from post-production through distribution in a unified, highly secure
environment. It integrates leading-edge technologies for data storage and
accessibility, file transfers, transcoding and content management, while
remaining flexible and easy to use.
Aspera Connect’s high-speed transport makes a perfect complement to WCPMedia’s
robust digital asset management tools, providing means to quickly and securely
transfer large media files and metadata. Content can be made available to
recipient servers on either a push or pull basis, according to the application
and user preferences.
seamless solution that allows users to efficiently manage and share assets
remotely with partners and clients around the world,” Contri observes. “WCPMedia
provides users with absolute control over their assets; Aspera delivers them at
- A new Uploader utility that allows users to transfer files to the WCP platform without accessing the full WCPMedia user interface. It provides a simple way for third party and or occasional users to upload content.
- Virtual Screening Room now offers greater flexibility to create catalogs and configure user access. Content owners can reach individual recipients by creating different and targeted catalogs ranging from dailies, selected scenes and rough cuts during post production, to trailers, promotional material and finished content during the sales and distribution process.
- FFmpeg transcoding engine has been added to existing Snell, Telestream and Harmonic software for even greater flexibility in transcoding.
- Integration of Tiger Technology’s shared storage technology for unprecedented speed in access to assets.
- Improved metadata compatibility to allow the automatic import of IMDB data.
- Redesigned and optimized landing and applications pages for a streamlined and intuitive user experience for occasional recipients.
media enterprises including studios, distribution companies, broadcasters,
independent producers, production companies, film festivals and others. The
platform was recently used by Wildside
during production on Paolo Sorrentino’s “The Young Pope” to share dailies,
selected scenes and rough cuts, and to deliver trailers to target buyers,
and by the Federation
Internationale Cinema Television Sportifs (FICTS) to manage content for “Sports
Memories: Rio 2016”, a
traveling sports media exposition associated with the Olympic Games in Rio de
an entertainment software and services company based in Switzerland, USA and Canada
that manages, markets and distributes content to business partners and clients
quickly, easily and securely. WCPMedia Services offers a platform of smart process
applications that combines proprietary software with top-tier solutions
developed by proven and trusted technology companies.